REDIRECTING TO moshe.im/blog...

Thoughts, tips and ideas on next-gen technology by: Moshe Brevda

2008/10/31

BLF and FreePBX feature codes

One of the really cool things added to the latest version of FreePBX is support for Russell's devstate backport for Asterisk 1.4. Today I decided to have a look at how it works, and I found it to be extremely simple and straightforward to set up. Obviously, you need to add the backport to asterisk. Luckily, that is extremely easy - just follow the directions in the readme.

Next, add the following line to amportal.conf (if it isn't already there):

USEDEVSTATE=true

I was looking to see the status of my Follow-Me, so I needed to configure one of the BLF's on my phone to reflect on the its status. To do that I needed to set the BLF to watch feature code that I would normally dial to activate the Follow-Me: *21200. I updated my 00000000.xml directory configuration file for my Polycom 650 as follows:

<item>
<fn>Call Forwarding</fn>
<ct>*21200</ct>
<sd>7</sd>
<ad>0</ad>
<ar>0</ar>
<bw>1</bw>
<bb>0</bb>
</item>


I then rebooted my phone, and like the magic that FreePBX is, I can now tell by a glance what the Follow Me status is. Now if only setting up an orb would be as simple!

Moshe Brevda, FreePBX Development Team
lazytt - FreePBX forums
hi365 - IRC