REDIRECTING TO moshe.im/blog...

Thoughts, tips and ideas on next-gen technology by: Moshe Brevda

2009/07/09

Is Labs Coming to Google Calendar? [updated]

Speculation has abounded regarding new features for Google Calendar, with users reporting the ability to see some new gadgets (albeit not use them). Now it seem that Calendar Labs is closer then ever. I'm not sure how long this has been up there, but take a look at the .gif that Google uses to display icons with in Calendar:



Notice the labs icon? This seems like a clear sign that Google intends to roll out more features to Google Calendar, hopefully in the near future.

Additional, notice the icon directly to the left of the labs icon. That looks like the drop down box from which you can chose to reply to an email in Gmail. I don't see that icon currently being used anywhere. Is Google thinking about integrating some sort of email-reply option directly from Calendar?

The truth is, try as I might, I can't think of any "killer" gadgets that I would want to see in Google Calendar. I think its an extremely mature and solid product. Yet I'm sure Google will dream up something that we didn't know were missing. What features would you like to see added?


UPDATE: seem like we were correct!