REDIRECTING TO moshe.im/blog...

Thoughts, tips and ideas on next-gen technology by: Moshe Brevda

2009/03/17

VirtualBox using high CPU

Recently, I tired setting up CentOS in a VirtualBox VM. After many unsuccessful attempts (seems to have something to do with cleanpar that I had set in kickstart), I finally got it working. Murphy however didn't sleep and immediately my cpu was up to 95%. Luckily, thy O so great, omnipresent google came to my rescue, and pointed out that what I needed was a vm kernel. Here's how I did it:


cd /etc/yum.repos.d
wget http://vmware.xaox.net/centos/5.2/VMware.repo
yum upgrade kernel

Type y at the prompt, and reboot when the process is done. Presto! Oh, did I mention I take no responsibility if you systems ends up in an un-bootable state? :)

Moshe Brevda, FreePBX Development Team
lazytt - FreePBX forums
hi365 - IRC


Found this tip useful? Don't forget to donate by click the donate button to the right!